User status
Watched Now
GET YOUR DEALS HERE LIMITED TIME OFFERS!
  • Please update your payment method to a card to enable the credit streak rewards.
  • We have a limited number of special packages per hour.

Please check back in a few minutes or when you see this tab change color.

Enjoy VIP treatment in chat rooms, discounts on products and unlimited access to your recorded shows.
    CREDITS
    credits FREE!
    Only 1 remaining!
    // VIP ONLY //
FREE CREDITS!
Create Free Account
CONGRATULATIONS!
LIFETIME STATUS INCREASED!
Your Status has moved up from “REGULAR” to ...
SUPERSTAR
X
CONGRATULATIONS!
CURRENT LEVEL INCREASED!
LEVEL
X
X
Free VOD Passes

You have free video passes available! Use them before they expire.

Redeem your pass during the video purchase process by selecting Free Pass.

Go to Videos now.

Processing your request ...
Please wait while we attempt to process your request.
X
Process Failed
We were unable to process your request. Please try again.

Forums / Technical Support

Notifications not working
More Actions

Add to List

X

Select a list to add

Item was successfully added to this list

No list available

Add to List
Add Reply
Technical Support: Notifications not working
Created by: .jeffie.

1/17/13 @ 1:46am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I have about 20 models on my notifications list. I had observed in the past that on some occasions I didn't seem to receive notifications at all, in other cases a notification arrived long after the model has come online. Today I decided to test how well the notifications work

When I logged on to the site today I noticed that 3 of the models on my notifications list were online, but I had not received notifications for any of them. Four hours later when I logged out I still had not received notifcations for any of them. After I had logged out (i.e. more than four hours after the models had come online) I received notifications for two of them, but 9 hours later I have still not received a notification for the third. I conclude that the notifications are useless

The site blurb says "If you want to receive an email when one of your favorite models comes online, all you need to do is add them to your notifications list. How do you do that? Find any model you like, anywhere on our site, click on their notification icon and you're done!" Sounds good, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way

I have been a VIP member for many years, I have not changed my email address in that time, and my notifications are set up correctly
Asti
Created by: asti

1/17/13 @ 6:43am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Once upon a time this feature worked quite well but for much of this past year as jeffie describes it has been pretty useless. Lately, it seems changes and "upgrades" are being made to the site that no one requested while existing features are being neglected or eliminated. :(
wonderboi2009
Created by: wonderboi2009

1/17/13 @ 1:18pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Notifications seems to go through cycles of working well and not working well. For the last several weeks it has been not working well. Getting notifications 3 or 4 hours after model first goes online if at all.
Created by: f4f_admin_forum

1/17/13 @ 7:49pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

We have opened a support ticket with the developers to look into this more deeply. Our data shows tens of thousands of these online notifications going out per day, but it may be that this service has grown to a point where the emails are taking too long to send causing some login events to go "unnotified".

As well, I looked up a couple of your email addresses from this thread and for those of you using a @hotmail.com address it could be that your ISP is rate-limiting these emails and causing them never to reach your inbox. You might be able to prevent this behavior by adding newsletters@vs.com to your safe-senders list in Hotmail.

If you imagine that our system could send you 20 online notifications in a matter of mere minutes I could see Hotmail (or other large web-email clients) saying "oh that looks like spam, let's block it".

In any event, we're going to investigate this and see if we can't figure out what's going on.

Brad
Asti
Created by: asti

1/17/13 @ 8:42pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

If you imagine that our system could send you 20 online notifications in a matter of mere minutes I could see Hotmail (or other large web-email clients) saying "oh that looks like spam, let's block it".

In any event, we're going to investigate this and see if we can't figure out what's going on.

Brad

Thank you Brad, very interesting but what if you only have maybe 5 models on email notification? They're not going to flood the inbox.

1/17/13 @ 9:08pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Thank you Brad, very interesting, but even with 20 models on my notifications list, they are not all going to log on "in a matter of mere minutes". In the example I gave in Post #1 only 3 of the 20 were online
Created by: robojeff

1/18/13 @ 7:42pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

maybe a instant messaging system would work better. the model can be on hrs before i get the notice

1/18/13 @ 8:19pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

The basic logic of notifications is pretty straightforward : when a model comes online send a notification to those members who have requested a notification for the model. I don't understand why VS can't get it right

wonderboi2009

2/8/13 @ 4:53am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

It is pretty much totally broken right now for me. I get the promotional emails and the model message notification emails just fine. But only a few model online messages over the last several weeks.

2/8/13 @ 7:43am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

It seems that no progress has been made in the 3 weeks since Brad "opened a support ticket with the developers to look into this more deeply" and promised to "investigate this and see if we can't figure out what's going on"

:(
Brett025
Created by: brett025

2/11/13 @ 11:21pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I have been getting all my notifications, with the exception of a few from the same studio in St Petersburg, Russia which I get nothing. Could it have something to do with the studio they work in?
wonderboi2009

2/14/13 @ 5:35am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I'm finding that notification requests for new (to me at least) performers are working, at least once. Sometimes deleting and re-adding old notification requests helps get at least one of them to go through as well. Which makes me think the problem may be more in the logic of how often you get notifications for the same performer. As far as I can tell it isn't studio specific. Quite a few of my notification requests are for russian studio guys and it seems to behave the same for all of them.

2/16/13 @ 5:11am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

7 of my notification models, from different studios, have been online today, and I've received notifications for only 2 of the 7
Created by: olddad12

2/16/13 @ 9:39am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

yes you don't get them or 2 hours later
organblower
Created by: organblower

2/22/13 @ 4:11pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

I can't remember the last time I got a notification. If I get notified, it's by twitter. Unfortunately my fave model shows his address but won't tweet. So we are in a stalemate. I guess he loses. :(

2/22/13 @ 6:57pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

My notifications seem to have stopped altogether now :mad
wonderboi2009

2/23/13 @ 1:05am (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

It looks like they may be fixed as of Friday evening.

2/23/13 @ 6:59pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

hmmm ... I'm thinking you might be right wonderboi

2/25/13 @ 6:34pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Notifications now appear to be working as they should, except for one thing ...

On a few occasions I have observed one of my notifications models online and wondered why I had not received a notification ... when I checked I found that the model had been deleted from my notifications list. Models seem to be deleted from my notifications list apparently at random
wonderboi2009

2/26/13 @ 6:22pm (EDT) | UTC - 4:00

Notifications now appear to be working as they should, except for one thing ...

On a few occasions I have observed one of my notifications models online and wondered why I had not received a notification ... when I checked I found that the model had been deleted from my notifications list. Models seem to be deleted from my notifications list apparently at random

Are they models that have been continuously active? I've seen that happen when a model's bio was purged and then reactivated--it remembers them as a favorite (fortunately) but not for notifications.

Oct. 11
Siamese Cat: hello
Want more emojis?
  1. Click the "Send a message..." area
  2. Right-click current area
  3. Select "Emoji" or "Emoji & Symbols"
  1. Click the "Send a message..." area
  2. Open "Edit" menu
  3. Select "Emoji & Symbols" (^⌘SPACE)
Send
Recents
Open/close recents and search.
Chat
Please wait, trying to connect.
Launch in window
Please disable popup blocker
Close DM. Click DM icon to re-open

ALERT: Upgrade your browser

We are no longer supporting this browser.

You are currently using Safari version 9 (2015) or earlier, which will have problems with our players. We will no longer be supporting Safari version 9, please upgrade to Chrome, Edge or FireFox. If you have further questions please see Customer Support.

You are currently using Internet Explorer 11 (2013) or earlier, which will have problems with our players. We will no longer be supporting Explorer 11, please upgrade to Chrome, Edge or FireFox If you have further questions please see Customer Support

Feature Show Ticket
Credits
VIP STATUS
Instant Full Access
Gold VIP Font
Up to 10 Reserved Nicknames
Email performers with attachments
Largest Private Video Preview
Turn Off Free Users Chat (No Gray Users)
Access to VIP Forums
Free Unlimited Access to Your Own Recorded Shows
Free 150 Daily Videos Available for 7 Days
Free 1 Hour Feature Shows and access to Archives
Free Access to Adult Star Video Archive
Free Access to Model Photo Galleries
VIP
PASS
90 CREDITS
100 Credits Free
$10
Change
Feature Show Ticket
Change
Instant Full Access
Gold VIP Font
Up to 10 Reserved Nicknames
Email performers with attachments
Largest Private Video Preview
Turn Off Free Users Chat (No Gray Users)
Access to VIP Forums
Free Unlimited Access to Your Own Recorded Shows
Free 150 Daily Videos Available for 7 Days
Free 1 Hour Feature Shows and access to Archivess
Free Access to Adult Star Video Archive
Free Access to Model Photo Galleries
VIP 30 Days of Membership
PLUS 150 CREDITS FREE!
$39.95*
Change
PASS
$39.95*
Change
Card Verification(CVV2)
The CVV2 number is a special number printed on your credit card and provides extra fraud protection.
Complete Purchase
Access Private Nude ShowsCreate Your
X
Suggested Usernames:
Usernames and passwords are CASE SENSITIVE
I confirm that I am 18-years old or older. I have reviewed and agree with the website Privacy Policy and Terms of Use & to receive emails